2020 CALL FOR PAPERS
96th Annual Meeting * July 22-26, 2020 * Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis *
Calls for radical transformation in higher education have been ubiquitous in recent years, generating new ideas for potential directions for post-secondary education. The result is a diversity of futures available to higher education, wherein both the structure and purpose of university education are reimagined. The 2020 Annual Meeting of the Society for Values in Higher Education will consider and critique the many futures available to post-secondary education. We invite paper and panel proposals on a wide-range of topics in this area, addressing the following and any related questions:
- How might or should the very structure of colleges and universities change?
- How might or should the curricula of colleges and universities change?
- What innovative pedagogies will we need to adopt or develop?
- What should be the measure(s) of success for future colleges and universities?
- How can we overcome various obstacles or constraints to change?
Deadline to submit a proposal is April 15th.
Deadline for completed paper is July 1st.
Can’t make it to Indianapolis?
Present virtually (select your option in the form below)!
Submit your proposal of no more than 1000 words through our website at www.svhe.org. Proposals will be reviewed as they are submitted.
- Interdisciplinary and/or practice oriented proposals are especially encouraged.
- Those who have papers accepted and are able to attend benefit from a reduced conference registration rate.
- Two papers will be selected for the Robert Spivey Excellence in Scholarship Awards which include a prize of $300 each. Completed papers must be submitted by July 1st to be eligible.
Direct questions and inquiries to Eric Bain-Selbo, Executive Director, Society for Values in Higher Education ([email protected])
www.svhe.org * [email protected] * 270-745-2907