96th Annual Meeting
RFP: Wicked Provocations
We now live in a world of heightened uncertainty. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc on world economies, job markets, health care, and higher education. Leaning into this uncertainty, the SVHE seeks to explore challenging provocations related to higher education for the present and future. In order to achieve this objective, we seek proposals of at least 250 words from interdisciplinary groups for the kinds of critical provocations we should be considering in this unprecedented time. Our intention is that these working groups will open up opportunities and potentialities in our imaginations for what higher education can be now and tomorrow. The expectation is that an interdisciplinary team will be formed, proposal submitted, and a final product, broadly defined, will be contributed during the Gallery of Wicked Provocations virtual event (July 23, 2020) and later posted to The Forum. Please submit proposals on the SVHE website before June 15, 2020. Contact Terry Shoemaker ([email protected]) with questions.
Possible directions might include:
- The Pandemic as Catalyst
- The Pandemic as a Portal
- The Future of Online Education
- The Imminent End of Higher Education As We Know It
- The Pandemic and Radical Pedagogy
- Going Forward with Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- The Future of the Tenure Track and Adjunct Models
- Higher Education: Is It Financially Worth It?
- Post-Pandemic Civic Education
- Hope versus Apocalyptic Attitudes Going Forward
Requirements for teams:
- Each team must have at least four members from a minimum of two disciplines. We can assist in recruiting team members from within SVHE.
- Each team must submit a specific provocation and no more than a 250 word abstract.
- Each team must share the results of their work (regardless of how preliminary) at the
Gallery of Wicked Provocations virtual event
Thursday, July 23, 2020.
Benefits of participation:
- Opportunity to meet educators around the country and world who are interested in your project and eager to join your conversation and to share your ideas with a broader range of educators during the concluding session.
- Opportunity to have your group contribute a summation of your work to the online publication The Forum.
- Possible opportunity for future SVHE support for the continuation of the project.
Submit proposal by June 15th
Download a copy of the RFP here.
www.svhe.org * [email protected] * 270-745-2907